The Dornier Do 24 is a 1930s German three-engine flying boat designed by the Dornier Flugzeugwerke for maritime patrol and search and rescue. A total of 279 were built among several factories from 1937 to 1945.
On 31 October 1944 a Luftwaffe Do 24 rescue aircraft, CM-RY, was flown from Nest (Unieście) in Pomeriania to Sweden by a deserting mechanic, Heinz Roesch, and his girlfriend. Roesch was hired as an adviser and the Do 24 entered service with F2 wing at Hägernäs, today the Täby seaplane flying club. It served in the rescue role until 1951.
This combo includes CM+RY as October 31 1944, as on November 1944, as F2-90 on 1945 and as on 1951 before retirement.