The Dornier Do 24 is a 1930s German three-engine flying boat designed by the Dornier Flugzeugwerke for maritime patrol and search and rescue. A total of 279 were built among several factories from 1937 to 1945.
The Dutch military Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service Marine Luchtvaartdienst (MLD) bought six Do-24K on November 1937, named from X-1 to X-6. Later X-7 to X-37 where delivered.
On 1942 the six surviving Do-24K of the lot were delivered to the 41 Sqn of the Riyal Australian Air Forced. One of them carried the squadron code DQ-H and used as troop transports.
Actually an ex Spanish Do-24T has been rebuild and painted as the X-24, and can be found in the Militaire Luchtvaart Museum, Soesterberg, the Netherlands.