The Dornier Do 24 is a 1930s German three-engine flying boat designed by the Dornier Flugzeugwerke for maritime patrol and search and rescue. A total of 279 were built among several factories from 1937 to 1945.
This plane surrendered at Trelleberg in Sweden on 9th May 1945, Dornier Do 24T-2 Werk Nr. 115 5W+BU of SeenotStaffel 50 was handed over to the Soviet Union on August 14th 1945. This Do-24 was used for many years as transport while in service with Polarnaya Aviatsiya (Polar Aviation).