HMS Valen (swedish meaning of “Whale”) belonged to Hajen III (“Shark”) class submarine, built for the Royal Swedish Navy in 1954-1957. Project of Hajen III is based on the construction of German U-boat U3503 (Type XXI), which was sunk in the end of WW2 in Swedish territorial waters.
Paper Model contains 14 pages including:
- Cover page,
- 2 pages of historical and technical information,
- 2 pages of assembly instruction drawings (in total 8 assembly drawings + wire templates),
- 2 pages of submarine plans with two versions: early period of service in cammo and late period of service in uniform grey,
- 5 pages of Parts (1 page of common internal formers :54 elements, 2 x 357 basic elements (early and late period of submarine service) and 2 x 24 alternative elements ) in vector format,
- Model kit allows to build two complete version of submarine in early or late period of service. You can choose also the name for your paper model, from the the following submarines of Swedish Navy:
- HMS Hajen
- HMS Sälen
- HMS Illern
- HMS Bävern
- HMS Uttern
In addition, zipped folder contains also 2 sheets (as an appendixes) in A3. First sheet contains general arrangement plan in 1:200 scale. Second sheet contains internal formers, especially longitudinal frame and waterlines in one piece, without division.
Used vector format of parts also allows to scale the model (for instance to 1:250 or 1:100 scale) without losing quality of print.
Degree of difficulty: 3/5